Tuesday, January 12, 2010

that's future michael's problem

Life is full of curve balls and I’m not very good at taking them. I’m sitting in my apartment listening to the new Vampire Weekend album, Contra. It’s really good and a great distraction from all the problems I have in my life. I would have to Giving up the Gun is my favorite track on the new album. I really enjoy the sound and lyrics. It’s just good fun. So I was planning on writing this blog since Sunday, but it took a whole new turn after yesterday. I thought I finally had an idea of what I might be doing for a living for awhile on Sunday. I had received a new calling at church as the Finical Clerk. I currently work for an armored car company as a cash teller. I figured that it was a sign that I was supposed to work in banking of some sort. It wasn’t something I loved, but it was something I was good at. I had worked in the budget office at BSU for two years and money was something I was use to working with. I am good with money and counting it. It’s not the most exciting job in the world, but it’s a good job.

Then yesterday I got a call from my boss. He called to let me know a competitor was moving into the Boise market and taking our largest account. The company had to scale back because of this, 40% of people were losing their jobs. We had till the end of February when the other company would take over the operation. I’m not just out of a job. I at least have a month and a half to find a new one. He said that they would give me a good recommendation if I wanted to work for the competitor. I haven’t decided if I want to work in banking anymore. Most people at my job have known for a week now, I learned yesterday on the phone. I don’t know if I’ll want to continue on in banking or actually do something fun. Plus I doubt they’ll treat me as good as my last job. As boring as my job is they treat me better than any other job I’ve ever had. Even with being laid off I only have good things to say about them. They want to make sure their employees are taken care of even if it is giving them away. I have a lot of things to think about, but I do have a job till March. So I’ll let future Michael worry about, it his problem not mine. (I’m kidding; the job search is so on.)

No comments:

Post a Comment