Wednesday, January 27, 2010

can we fish

Change is a part of life. There is to views on this. Either people can change or they can’t. Once I heard that people can only change 24% or was it 12%. I don’t know. I think we all have the ability to change. I don’t know if we can have a full 180 change, but I know it’s possible. I have gone through a couple of changes throughout the years. Most of them would be considered small unimportant changes, but I might not view them that way. One of these big ones in my mind happened last year. I gave up soda for about two or three months. That was a different experience. Every time I went to get fast food I couldn’t get anything to drink. They would have light lemonade, which taste like crap. I hate light lemonade. After that time I finally gave back into soda. The only difference is I don’t drink the same soda as I did before I gave it up. I use to drink the dark colas. I loved me some Dr. Pepper. Now I don’t really want to drink the dark colas. I’m not as drawn to them as I use to be. Now I’m more a Mountain Dew person. This is really weird. Before my leaving of soda I wouldn’t touch mountain dew. I hated that soda. If you ask my wife now that’s the only soda I drink. If I go to the gas station to get a soda it’s a mountain dew. I have no clue why this is. I rather not touch the dark sodas and go for the light green goodness. I don’t drink as much soda as I did before but it’s still a weird change. It like my taste buds changed. I have no clue why.

Another change I went through was over my honeymoon. My wife wanted to eat at a seafood restaurant on our honeymoon since we were right next to the ocean. I personally can’t stand the taste of fish. I haven’t even eaten a fish stick before that for at least a decade. The last time I at any seafood was at a work function and I got super sick afterwards. Not the first time I got sick from eating seafood either. I decide it was time to give it a try again. I ordered the fish and chips. I didn’t get sick, I actually enjoyed the fish. It tasted really good. It wasn’t something I was going to start craving, at least that’s what I thought. Now we eat bread fish paddies at least once a week if not more. Plus we make some fries with them, that never hurts. I would have to say my taste buds do change. I can’t say for sure if people can change, but their taste buds can. In fact I’m feeling like some fish and chips with a mountain dew right now. I’m not going to eat it because it’s too early to eat lunch.

2 comments:

  1. You make me laugh. I love samon but don't make it at home because then my house stinks. By the way you and Allison need to come over sometime. I'll cook if that will entice you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fish and chips!!!!! Can't get enough of them!

    ReplyDelete