Thursday, January 7, 2010

magical forest mustaches




The honeymoon has ended. We are no longer in the wild lush woods of California. The memories are fading of the massive trees that dot the dark blue sea side. There are few things you can take with you as you leave a land of warmth and beauty. The crisp warm air had a most feel to it. You could smell the salt from the sea miles away. Walking on the docks, you could smell the distinct odor of fresh fish being brought in. The magic of a honeymoon it lingers on in my mind. Highway one to 17 mile, filed with trees. Trees so tall they dwarfed anything we had in our desert home. Windy roads that made Allison scared in the dark. Turning left and right with the trees looming over as to hide any sign of civilization. How I missed my home driving through the dark back roads. The honeymoon crying out to never end; to seek out a land where the grass is lush and green. To look back on older memories of when I lived in a forest before. A magical honeymoon that could only bring our love closer. Watching the sea otters eat their breakfast and wondering if you had enough to eat before your long journey. Seeing how the beauties of jelly fish swim up close and from a distance. Wondering if when you hold your love close to your body that you could look as amazing as jelly fish swimming in the open water. The multicolor patterns of the jellyfish illuminating my mind. Making me try even harder to remember every breath I take as I see my own beauty walk across the hotel room. A honeymoon that will never be forgotten, ending too soon. You can only take home your memories and a mustache.



2 comments:

  1. I love the picture. I know exactly where you guys were! I really miss Cali too, it's so beautiful on the coast! I'm glad you got to go!

    ReplyDelete