Monday, December 14, 2009

webcomic

I’ve decide it is time for me to make an official webcomic. I’m thinking that I will modify my Ed the Business warrior comic to do this. I just don’t know how much people like or dislike Ed comic. I’ve put many up on flickr and I’ve been putting new color copies of Ed comics on my blog. The question is whether I should do it or not. I’m planning on submitting them to Zuda comics which is part of DC comics. They use competitions to see which webcomics they plan to pick up. The problem with that is I’ve looked at who wins and who hasn’t over the last couple of years. The types that win are not the type of comics I draw or read. They do have the type of comics that draw in the competition, but they never come in first. The closest one I’ve seen is second and that was by Wes Molebash and he does amazing webcomics. I’ve been reading his different comics he rights for years now. If he can’t win with an awesome cat comic, how am I going to win with a silly business comic? Although my Ed comic has been featured on other people’s blogs before. It’s been about four since that happened, but I might be able to capture my raw Ed power again or I might just be crazy. Okay so I’m asking all of you if you think that I have the talent to do this competition. I would need your support and willingness to actually go to www.zuda.com and make a profile so you can vote for my comic. If I win, I could do this as a part time job, which would be the most amazing thing ever. So let me know.

Here’s a couple ED comics to view:




5 comments:

  1. Just messing with you, it's fun to put check the lame box sometimes. Okay, it's really fun and I giggle as I do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so you wouldn't support my webcomic if it makes it into the competition? I'm confused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. honey of course you know i will support you in anything!! And I think you are very creative and talented. I love all your comics and your creative ideas and they are just great, great, great! So....while I absolutley think that you could win a competition and you are talented enough for it, I'm not sure if Zuda is the right place for your comic. However, I do think that it is worth a try, because you can't lose anything by trying, as long as you feel your confidence is strong enough to not be shaken if you don't do well. And the great thing about trying is that you never know, it could do wonderful and then you would really be glad you did it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Allison. When you do things like this you are really putting yourself out there and you just have to keep doing it and doing it. It is all about believing in yourself, even when the so-called experts don't. Most people who are successful in the arts have gone through years of being told they weren't right for the publisher they approached. Never give up and never quit believing in yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course I'd support your webcomic! I was just saying it makes me giggle when I can check the lame box. So Sorry, I won't do it again. Until I'm all liquored up again. Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete