Wednesday, December 9, 2009

filing

I started training my replacement for Boise State Budget office assistant. The job is not as exciting as you would think, or maybe you don’t think it’s exciting. How would I know? I just file lots of different reports for the Budget office. I really don’t feel like there is a lot to show someone. I have three more days of training before I’m done working there and my replacement will be there every day I am there. I don’t dislike my replacement. I had to leave at some point and with graduation this is the time. I can’t have a work study job when I’m not in school. The only problem with my job is it not exciting. I enjoy what I do there. I get to work with lots of paper and sort them in many different ways. It can be boring, I won’t lie about that. There are days where I go in and I don’t remember what I did because I was on autopilot the entire time. I still enjoyed the job, but it’s not an exciting one. Well, if filing is boring, try watching someone file for four hours. I was instructed by my boss that I was to show my replacement how to do things and then have her do it. So for four hours I watched her file. I could have jumped out the window it was so boring. We work on the third floor, so it would do some damage. I only have three more days of watching her file to go. I’m not sure if I’m happy to have a job for three more days or to just not get out of bed. I know I will go in. I need the money and I can’t turn up such an easy resource for money. I just wish it wasn’t watching someone file. Could there be a more boring event? I’m sure there is, but I don’t really want to find out. I never want to find out.

4 comments:

  1. Eat an M&M for every paper filed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that would be a lot of M&M. I would have to buy like the five pound bag for each day. I might do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And then buy a fitness club membership, because you will need it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea Donna, maybe if I apply that to housework I'll get more done!

    ReplyDelete