Saturday, December 19, 2009

nine years

Yesterday I finally completed a nine and half year course of action. I graduated from Boise State University. This is a big thing by itself, but the road I took to finally graduating was a difficult one. I first went to business school for a year and received a Graphic Design degree. After a semester of not being able to find a job I decide to go back and get my bachelors. After one semester at Indiana State, I found a job as a designer. Then my life took so many turns and twists. Over three years later and crazy adventures I decide to go back school. The last four years I’ve been going to BSU. It’s been so crazy and odd. I’ve meet so many great people. I made friends and married the most beautiful woman in all of Idaho. That’s right; she is the most beautiful girl in all of Idaho. Nine years of random exploring and self discovery to end up with degree in Communication and a beautiful family. I could not ask for more. After leaving high school I could have never imagined my life would turn out this way. I never thought I would move west of the Mississippi again. I saw myself in Midwest for rest of my life, maybe going east, but not west. Oh how life can take you in some many different directions. Robert Frost talked about two roads; I think there are some many different roads anyone can take. I have traveled my own for the last nine years, but no longer. I now travel with my companion, my love, my wife. To say there are only two roads is a very simple view. There is no road that everyone takes. That’s just being judgmental and short sided. I took many different roads in my nine years after high school and now I will take many more roads in my life. The great adventure awaits all of us. I plan to enjoy my mine.





2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a big accomplishment - wish we could have been there! Good luck with the next chapter of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun spending the day with you. Happy Graduation!!

    ReplyDelete