Monday, November 2, 2009

i heart nerds

I am a nerd. I have no problems with the fact that I love comic books and know more about science fiction movies than football. I have always been a nerd and always will be. My nerdiness helped me land the hottest girl I’ve known. Yet my nerdiness comes from an odd source. I believe it comes from my love of nerds candy. I’ve been eating those sweet candies since I lived in Iowa. That would be my entire candy eating life. Over this beautiful Halloween season my wife and I bought candy to give out the tricker treaters. In the end no children ended up at our place (just like I wished). So now we have a ton of beautiful candy to eat. Could life get any better? One of the candies I picked to eat was nerds. I love those little candies. This got me thinking about why do I love nerds candy? It goes back to living in Cedar Rapids, when my father was the Parks Director for the city. I remember going to different sites as a kid with him. This was when I was quite young so I’m not sure what kind of buildings they were, but they had candy. That was the best thing about going out with my Dad on his calls. You would get candy at the different offices. One of the main candies they all seemed to have was nerds. They came in the small box with just one flavor, but it seemed like a ton of candy. All these delicious candies in a perfect sized box for a kid. I loved those candies, I still love those candies. It was a little frightening going to some of those building with my Dad, but the nerds made it worth it. I’m sure some of the buildings were maintenance buildings which have scary machines in them. In the long end of the story, my father is the reason I’m a nerd. He feed me so many of those nerds candies that I had no chance of being anything else. Good thing my wife loves my nerdiness or else I would have to do something about it.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I can take all of the blame for you being a nerd. However, had I noticed you might have had less candy - especially nerds. However, I love you, nerdishness and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't just the candy, it was Star Wars, Lego's, Star Trek, etc. etc. etc. We're all nerds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just looked at your post again, I "HEART" nerds??? You are definitely a nerd if you "HEART" anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lexi and Grandma agree Mike isn't a nerd. If he is a nerd, we love our nerd. Lexie says "If he was a nerd, he would be in a candy box, like all the nerds."

    ReplyDelete