Monday, November 16, 2009

the lonely octopus

The octopus. What is it about that creature that makes me so happy? The long tentacles that have suction cups on it? The crazy colors they can be? The fact that they live in the ocean and there is no way in heaven or hell you’ll get me down in there? The octopus. It is one of God’s mysteries, like winter or ninety degree weather. We could ponder the reason for octopi for decades and never know the true meaning or we could just go get a hamburger. I’m always looking for a good hamburger. So the mystery of the octopus and why I am driven to draw it will remain a mystery. A mystery as deadly as the werewolves.

3 comments:

  1. What a great drawing. I absolutely love it! The eye is "teenage bored." The coloring is neat - wait isn't that BSU blue and orange? Is that a "smurf" background?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dad, it would be silly to color the octopus any other color. oragne is just the best.

    ReplyDelete