Monday, November 23, 2009

one month

One month today. I have been married a whole months as of today. It’s strange to think I’ve only been married to Allison one month today. It feels like we’ve been together so much longer than a month. I would have thought we were at a year almost, but that would be impossible. So here we are one month into our marriage. I remember our single ward bishop telling us that if we could make it through the first five days we could make it through anything. Another person told us that if we could survive the first five years we would be set to go. I really don’t believe either of them though. The first five days with Allison were to amazing to even think about leaving. I was in total bliss. How could I not make it through the first five days? I know that’s the honeymoon stage and I’m sure I’m still in the honeymoon stage because I can’t imagine a world without Allison. In five years I have no clue how I’ll feel. I will be a different a person. I will be future Michael and future Michael is not me. It’s a Michael that could be a better husband and person all around or he could be a new jack the ripper. Future Michael is a scary thing to think about, because I should know him, but I don’t. That’s not the point; the point is how does making it through five years guarantee that you’ll never break up? It doesn’t. That’s all I’m saying. I know marriage isn’t easy and that I’m always going to have to work at it. That doesn’t make me mad or sad. It’s just a fact of life. I’m really happy for the fact that I am married, that I do have a wife. My wife is amazing. I couldn’t ask for a better person to be married too. The future can hold so many things. I never saw myself married to Allison two years ago when I first meet her, but past Mike had no clue who future Michael was going to be and who he was going to love. I’m so lucky that I did decide to fall for my love. She has brightened my world a hundred time a million. I never want to be without her again. This past month has been the best month of my life. It hasn’t been perfect, but it has been better than anything I’ve ever experienced before. To Allison, thank you for one magical month. I can’t wait to spend the rest of all my months with you. I love you, Michael.




3 comments:

  1. Michael! You are so sweet. I'm coming up on my 5 year anniversary on Thursday, and I don't think we have it made for life. We are still going to work just as hard as we do now to keep it working. Marriage is work, but the rewards are the best rewards you can ever get. I wouldn't change one thing about it, as you wouldn't either! I'm so happy for you and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're coming up on 15, Donna just celebrated 16, we're all so lucky to have found the right person for us. I can't imagine a life without Craig. Sometimes I fantasize (he he), but I couldn't live without him. He's my everything. Hopefully the honeymoon will last forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I kept getting confused with past Mike and future Mike. Who are you!! Just kidding. You're a super lucky man - Allison is awesome. I think you'll end up looking at every year and say "Wow, we've been married for that long!" Every year Jay and I are amazed we've know each other for so long, we can't believe we are coming up on 11 years.

    ReplyDelete