Saturday, February 25, 2012

television part 2 bret harrison

In television there are a lot of cult favorite shows like Firefly or Arrested Development. They are amazing shows that get canceled before there time and people are always trying to get them back on the air. For me I have a cult actor that I have to follow which most of his shows have a cult following or just a poor following. Bret Harrison is one of my favorite TV actors.

Now I don't follow this guy because is only two days older than me, but that would be a good reason. No I follow him cause this boy makes me laugh in all his shows. The first time I remember seeing him and being like that kid is funny is in Grounded for Life. He was the corky neighbor that was in love with the daughter of the main family. He reminded me of Steve Urkil. He wasn't smart though. He was a fool most of the time. The fool that bought my love.


The next time I saw brad in a show it was The Loop season two. The second season was amazing in my head. This young guy is a VP at an airline and has to deal with all these issues the airlines are going through. The boss sees him as computer that remember everything. Bret trying to juggle having a life and being a VP at an airline. Always funny always good. I later bought season one which was a bit different. He had these two girl roommates. They totally changed the vibe of the show. Plus one of them was a love interest for Brad, but she had a boyfriend so he could never win her over. The second season was way better than the first. I wish they had put that season on DVD, but they haven't yet. You can watch both seasons on Hulu though.


After the Loop ended I was a little sad, but something amazing came out of the lose. Reaper started. I'm sorry to say I only watched the first season of this show. The main reason for only one season of watch was because I lived on my own and I didn't have cable or internet at my apartment. I would watch season one at work. This show was a mix of comedy and drama. I felt that it was an amazing mix. Reaper was about how Bret's parents sold his soul to the devil and he had to be a reaper for him. Now he didn't reap people, he reaped escaped souls from hell. Plus the devil was Ray Wise. Now when ever I see Ray Wise I'm like there's the devil! I want to watch the second season eventually. I want to know what happened to Sam (Bret) and his relationship with his family and the devil.

After that Bret was on V. I watched the first season of this show, but Bret was on the second. I'll probably not watch it because it was never on Hulu and he wasn't the main character. Plus the new V wasn't that good at all. It makes me sad that he has been on so many shows that only get two seasons. Let's hope that his newest shoe won't be like.

Last year Bret stared in a new show, Breaking In. This was a spring release which always has an uphill battle. The studios don't put out what they think will be amazing shows in the spring. I was a little scared for this show. It was being anchored with Christen Slater which was a star in the 90's. Slater already had a show fail that he was suppose to be an anchor for a few years back. I think this time around making him a supporting character was the better move. The show is pretty funny. It's about this security company that goes in and breaks into your business to show you where you need to be upgraded. Tons of hi-jinks. You can't have a great show without hi-jinks. Brad once again is in love with one of his co-workers who has a boyfriend. It seems like in most comedies that is the case. the main character has to overcome an "evil" boyfriend to win the girl. After the show didn't have a fall release date I figured it was canceled, but not the case. Breaking In will be back in a week or two. It's having a spring release again. This is odd, but I don't mind. I think this could be a good new trend. Give under preforming shows half seasons like a lot of shows do in Britain. This gives the network a little more wiggle room with whats on air. Plus I love seeing Bret Harrison on my TV (okay my computer screen).

So if you're looking for a cult actor, choose my main squeeze Bret Harrison. You'll get some great comedy and a little drama. What more could you want?

Here's a little short film with Bret Harrison and Brandon Roth. The video is pretty funny if you like horror games or horror movies. Although it's not safe for work. Brandon Roth has a potty mouth on him. Still funny look at a genre.

COST OF LIVING from BenDavid Grabinski on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know who you were talking about until you got to breaking in. We watched that last spring and really loved it. Here's hoping it does well for the second season.

    ReplyDelete