Tuesday, February 28, 2012

it's not short weather

On Sunday after church I put on a pair of my shorts. It was not warm enough to wear shorts. Off they went and back in pajamas. I know, pajamas at noon seem like defeat, but most Sundays defeat me. For about week or two I've been itching to wear shorts. I'm ready to turn the heat off in the house and open the windows and have it be hot. Winter never came, but I'm already sick of wearing pants. I've stopped wearing pants to work already. Yeah, I wore them for like two months, when it was below freezing at three am. Now I'm back in shorts at work and it feels a ton better than pants.

Today I decide that 57 degrees is warm enough for shorts. I'm also wearing a hoodie, but that doesn't matter. My caves are so happy. They don't like being stuck in those confining pants. They like the feel of fresh air on them. I wish it really was short weather, I know I'll be back in pants soon. Spring doesn't allow for shorts everyday.

The funny thing is by September I'll be sick of shorts. I always am. I'll totally be ready for pants and it'll still be like 70 to 80 degrees outside. I'm always ready for the next season to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment