Saturday, February 4, 2012

overboard

Sometimes I go overboard when I get excited about a project. This week I made a micro-comic. I got the idea while I was at work. I hadn't worked on any physical comic project so I decide to make a micro-comic about a president. I love presidents. I decided to do one on Grover Cleveland. The main reason was because Grover Cleveland shared a name with the Sesame Street Muppet Grover. I figured I could make a funny joke about people confusing him with Grover. Then I thought of a second thing. I could talk about the city of Cleveland. I wasn't sure if Cleveland was named after Grover Cleveland, but I could look that up after I got off work. The hardest part was keeping all the ideas in my mind till I got off work. I have this problem where I can forget things between work and coming home. I have brain problem with that. I usually just want to forget everything I do at work so I can go back the next day without thinking about driving my car into a wall at full speed. Back to the comic, I got home and did some research on Grover Cleveland. I had done some a last year and then a couple years ago for a couple of comics I've already made about him. Made the comic and it was awesome.


The next day I decide to do something else. I decide to something I haven't done for ever. I went to Kinko's and photo copied the micro-comic. I made fifty copies of the Grover Cleveland micro-comic!!! I've never made a print run of fifty comics. Even when I had people asking for copies of my mini-comics, I made at the most fifteen copies. So I went a little overboard on the micro-comic. Now I have all these comics about Grover Cleveland and have to find place to unload them. I really don't think it'll be to hard. I'm not going to ask for money for them. It only cost me five dollars to make fifty copies. If anyone wants a copy or like five copies to give to your friends, let me know. It only cost a stamp for me to send them in the mail. They're really cool, but I'm not going to send any out if you don't ask me for them. I don't want to just send them and people be like what is this and throw it away. I put a lot of effort into making these comics and I kind of love them. I do want people reading them though. That's what I've been up to this week.

4 comments:

  1. That is really cool son. It shows lots of creativity. Can I have a copy. I'd like to frame it for my home office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need one also. I would like it signed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I get one? They look pretty cool

    ReplyDelete