Saturday, October 8, 2011

the lost car wash

One of the perks of buying our new Jetta at the dealership we bought it at was that we get a free car wash every Saturday morning. Luckily the dealership is right in front of our house! Mind you we went all over town before we went to that dealership to look at cars. Today was the first time we decide to use the free car wash. I wasn't sure exactly how it was going to work, but it did. We got our car washed. The wash was really nice too. They did it by hand and detailed the outside of the car. They even shined the tires! So nice. The one problem with that is the fact that it takes a little longer than the five minute auto wash at the gas station. When we took it in they said about an hour to an hour and a half. We decide to go grocery shopping in that time frame. Everything is like a two minute walk from our apartment. Life is good. So good. When I went back I wasn't sure what I was suppose to do. I saw that they were still washing a Jetta. Not thinking about the fact I was at Volkswagen Dealership and there are lots of Jetta there, I thought it was mine. It was an older Jetta too. So I just waited outside while they finished up the wheels. When they pulled it out they were like here you go. I got a good look at it and realized it wasn't mine. I was like my bad, not my Jetta. I looked around for a second and couldn't even see my car in the back lot where they kept the car they were washing and working on. I finally asked someone what was up and they were like oh, go check with the cashier to get your keys. Not knowing where that was I ended up going to a couple different people before finding the cashier. As I got my keys I asked her where they might have put my car. She said to check along the side and back. Having already checked there I was thanks. Walking out the side doors to check if it was over there I noticed a nice looking Jetta parked out front of the dealership. Oh yes, my car was looking so fine they put it out front to attract customers. It's nice to have a good looking car that runs really good.

3 comments:

  1. That is a funny story! You should ask them for a fee for using your car as an exhibit of fine German workmanship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love VW's! How nice to get free car washes! That'll be awesome for some time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to someday getting a new car:) But the van just keeps on going ... which is good:)

    ReplyDelete