Tuesday, September 6, 2011

the British want my Mind

The British have invaded my life. This is not a new thing to me; I’ve always liked British things. Some of my favorite bands are English, like Art Brut, The Streets, and The Specials. It has been getting worse and worse since I moved to Bloomington. This past week Allison decided she needed to see the new Doctor Who. Her friends have been talking about the Doctor none stop or something. She’s never seen any Doctor Who before. I watched the new series on and off when it was on SciFi channel. The problem was I just couldn’t get into the show. I’d come in to the show in the middle and be like what is this? I’d watch half an episode and be like this was lame. I warned Allison it might not be good. I know I didn’t really enjoy it that much seeing it that much. Luckily I was wrong. That first season of Doctor Who was awesome. Sure some of the special effects were BBC standard, which wasn’t really good until recently. Now I’m addicted to the Doctor and I need to see season two of the second series.

One show isn’t really enough to say the British have invaded my mind, but it more than that. We started watching Misfits on Hulu. Oh my goodness that show is off the hook. It follows these delinquent youth in community service that accidently get super powers. Do they become super heroes? Some of their powers are totally horrible for saving people. We’ve watched half of the first season and need to finish it still. Then on top of that we started watching The Book Club. That show is really dry and uncomfortable. I enjoy it so much.

For Labor Day we went to the movies. A movie I’ve wanted to see for about four months finally made it to America, Attack the Block. This movie was insane. Not just a little insane, it was full off insane. You had these crazy aliens attacking a small neighborhood in South London. A small street crew has to man up and take them on. The aliens were really well done and the movie was the best alien movie I’ve seen in years. The main reason I wanted to see it was Nick Frost had a small part in the film. He was okay, but the hoodlums made the movie awesome.

That might not seem like a lot of British television and movie, but there more. Tons more that I love. Someday I’ll talk about them too. Yes, I’m talking about The IT Crowd and more.

1 comment:

  1. IT Crowd= Brilliant. There is something the British aren't good at, and that's Oral Hygiene. their book on dentistry is the shortest book ever written.

    ReplyDelete