Saturday, August 20, 2011

my type of classical music

From some odd reason I've really been into The Postal Service lately. It might not be odd, but it is to me. For someone who loves to listen to punk and hip-hop it's a strange departure. Sure the Postal Service has nice beats and smooths vocals, but that's not what I always go for. I like raspy male voice. Someone who has drunk their life away. That's why I like bands like Rancid, Bad Religion, and Say Hi so much. They aren't smooth, they feel like they have some life to tell. I know, Say Hi, isn't punk or Hip-Hop, but his voice is so amazing. I've been turning to The Postal Service more and more when I want something light to listen too. It's almost like I consider them my classical music. I don't know why, but I do. I just feel like who they arrange their synthesizer is how Mozart would do it if he was alive today. I personally don't think Mozart would be make classical music if he was alive today. Mozart would be more like a Hipster and be make grand rock and hip-hop operas. It would be smooth and amazing. I could see him teaming up with Trent Reznor and making sweet noise.

So what I'm saying is I've been listening to an album made in 2003 a lot lately. I've even though about buying on vinyl cause I like it so much. I use it to lift my mode out of the blues. I hope you can like it too. Maybe if you haven't heard of this little project by Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie and Jimmy Tamborello you can check it out. I like it a hundred percent more than Death Cab, but who doesn't? Probably Death Cab fans. Also I decide to give you a peak at Say Hi. I love this band. Saw them live and they do not disappoint.







2 comments:

  1. For a second I envisioned a bunch of Postal workers singing in a barbershop quartet, with a beautiful Harmony I might add. Mozart was definitely the Tu-PAC of his day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your thoughts that you post online for all the world! You are so deep sometimes. Tonight we should listen to the Postal Service together and fall asleep in your arms.

    ReplyDelete