Friday, August 12, 2011

i heart baseball

I have a secret love, but it's okay my wife knows. It's baseball. I like going to the games. I like watching a game in the middle of the afternoon and falling asleep in the fifth inning. I like the overpriced hot dogs and popcorn. I like the silly little entertainment show they put on between innings. I like to watch the score board and see the stats. I like watching movies about baseball, like Field of Dreams and Eight Man Out. I like watching batters hit home runs and pitchers striking players out. I like the excitement of it all. After all, this is America's favorite pass time. It should be loved by everyone. Baseball isn't my life, but it's a fun distraction.









4 comments:

  1. I have you beat, I fall asleep almost immediatly, which is a good thing. If I hated baseball then I'd probably continue watching it and eventually turn into a zombie... I love to quote "Field of Drams" much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then we will just have to go to a ball game the next time we get together, or put on a good baseball movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like that. There's nothing like being at a game, but Field of Dreams is pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love being at the game. I bet the food tastes great and I know the pepsi is so refreshing. I need to find the hidden pepsi machine in the Iowa corn field. I know its there, I saw it on TV Saturday.

    ReplyDelete