Saturday, May 21, 2011

the loss

My weight loss from working at UPS has come to a slow stop. I won't lose mush more till summer and the summer heat hasn't come in full force here in Indiana yet. One area I didn't think about weight loss in was my hand. I didn't think my hands were chubby, but I guess they were. The last couple of weeks I've noticed my hands more specifically my fingers are skinnier. This is not something I would normally notice, but I have a ring I wear everyday for the past year and a half. It was just perfect when I bought it in the fall of 2009. Then It got a little tight over last summer. I thought it was because the heat expanded my hands or something. I know my hands shirk a little in the winter. Trying to save heat and everything. Back to a couple weeks ago, I noticed I was having a hard time keeping my ring on. One time I was in the bathroom washing my hands. I went to dry my hand on a towel, as I was drying my hands my ring just went flying off. Luckily it was at home and I found the ring really quick. Another time I was at work. At work I wear gloves to protect my hands from all the boxes. As I was moving boxes I actually felt my ring slip past my knuckle. My hand was in a gripping position, the ring should not have slipped past my knuckle. It also felt weird to have my ring on the front half of my finger. I did have my gloves on so I just pushed it back on.

My job has been a crazy adventure. Most of them are lame and stupid but I'm still surprised that I'm having them. I hope I didn't bore everyone to death. Only a couple more hours till the "rapture!" I can't wait to start looting. Yes, I don't think I'm going to make it up in the rapture. I'll miss Allison most of all, but I'll see her in five months when the world ends. If it doesn't happen today, well I guess I'll just go to work on Monday like normal.

3 comments:

  1. You can always resize the ring. But, it is nice to lose weight. Congratulations. Plus you are more healthy, fit, and feel better about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one at sister's weekend disappeared in the rapture. Guess you'll be stuck with us for another five months. Hey that means we still get to have the family reunion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess none of us are good enough for the rapture! Wrap some string around your ring to tighten it. Mine gets loose in the winter but it's funny how it gets loose when I lose even only 10 pounds.

    ReplyDelete