Sunday, May 22, 2011

pawnee, in

Having returned to the almost a year ago I have missed many things. Fast food like White Castle and Steak n Shake. Humidity and all the wonderful thunderstorms. Moving home to Bloomington was an amazing idea. Yet I feel like there is another place in Indiana that I would rather live. Where is this place you ask? Pawnee, IN. What is Pawnee, IN you might ask. Well it's the most magical place in all of Indiana. Where libraries are hated (okay Allison might not want to live there) and the parks department is loved. Yes it's a fictional town, but it's my favorite fictional town in Indiana.

If you watch Parks and Rec on NBC you probably know all about this awesome city. At first I thought it was going to be a small city like Martinsville or Kokomo, but after more review it's probably as big as Bloomington or Terre Haute if not bigger. Plus the city has a television station which means it's not small. Since I want to work in TV this is already a plus to Bloomington which only has PBS and won't hire anyone outside of IU.



Why is Pawnee so great? They have a zoo, where two male penguins were married. They had to move the penguins because people were not open to this marriage, which I can't blame them. They also have the best breakfast restaurant in all of Indiana, JJ's. They're waffles are like crack. At least that how they're portrayed on the show. Pawnee has a whiffle ball league. How awesome is that? It's whiffle ball. You couldn't it a home run with one of those balls if you tried. The best part of Pawnee is the fact that they have the greatest Indiana band of all time, Mouse Rat (formally known as Scarecrow Boat).

Sure you might say but Michael why would you want to live in a fictional city? I say why wouldn't I? It's just an awesome place. Plus Parks and Rec makes the city look awesome. I need a little more awesome in my life. Don't we all need a little more awesome?


1 comment:

  1. That would be pretty cool to live in a fictional town. It would be like living on the moon with less travel.

    ReplyDelete