Thursday, April 15, 2010

Justice League Review

Justice League International: Volume 1 Justice League International: Volume 1 by Keith Giffen


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
In middle school they would give a recuse after lunch. It was a half-hour break to run around. There was no playground equipment so you could play basketball in the gym or run around in the field outside. Not a lot to do. I took advantage of another option. I would go to the library after lunch and read old donated comics. My middle school had a large box of comics to read and one of my favorites to read was Justice League by Keith Giffen.

It's been ten years since I first read these comics. I've gone from being a Jr. High kid whole couldn't talk to girls to a married man. In that time these comics have aged fifteen years. Reading these books was like going back in time. The only difference is that these comics are still excellent. They hold up over the years. The jokes are still amazing and characterization is dead on. The art is to die for. Kevin Maguire style is one of the best there is. The ability to draw emotion like he does is outstanding. His style still looks fresh after all these years.

The story inside the comic is amazing. The opening page with Guy Gardner think about running the league himself. When Batman punches guy in the noise to lay him flat on the ground. The story moves itself in a way that is before it's time. This is where we get to see the best buddy comedy team-up come together; Booster Gold and Blue Beetle. If you want comedy and action this is the comic for you! Nothing else will do. I give this comic my full approval. Superheroes have never been so amazing.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment