Wednesday, April 28, 2010

an invincible wednesday

I love Wednesdays. I have loved Wednesdays for a very long time. When I was on my mission, Wednesday was my preparation day or p-day. It was the only day we were allowed to do things for ourselves. Most of the time it meant letting your companion do something you might not really enjoy. like go play basketball for three of the six precious hours you got. It may have not been the best time, but at least you weren't wearing a suit. Which is sad to think, because I love suits. My love of Wednesdays goes much further than the p-day. Before my mission and a little bit during my mission Wednesdays meant comic book day. I love comic books. They are what I love to read the most. Wednesday is always a good day if I can make it to the comic shop. Well today I made it to the comic shop. Two amazing titles were there, Invincible by Robert Kirkman and Invincible Iron Man by Matt Fraction. By far the best two comics on the market in my opinion. Getting both in one day is like watching a bull in a china shop. That would be amazing to watch all that china be destroyed. I would have to say both comics surpass what I was excepting today. Iron Man was amazing. It had the 3.99 price tag, but it was worth it. It might have been a double size comic, it sure felt like it, so pretty much you were getting way more than usually for what some comics cost normally. That's not even the best part. The best part is they are finally starting the reboot. I know they had one only 25 issues ago when Fraction started his run, but it's totally worth it. The new suit, the mind wipe finally being over, plus no more running from Osborn. That was like fifteen issues or something. It was good, but long. Now we're back to Tony Stark being Iron Man and just in time for movie number two. This comic is a great starting point if you've never read Iron Man before too. Which would almost be me. I've only read Fraction's run and Warren Ellis' run on Iron Man. So maybe 40 comics? I've read more Flash in the past year than I've ever read Iron Man. I always disliked Iron Man, mainly because one of my elementary school buddies thought he was the best superhero ever. I always felt Spiderman was, that was until I started reading Invincible, which came out today too. Invincible just had it's reboot of sorts, not really a reboot, but more an easy jumping on comic for new readers last month with Invincible Special 1 and today Invincible 71 come out. Both were amazing comics, probably the best comic on the market. No it is the best comic you buy. There's my plug for Invincible by Robert Kirkman. Buy it or be an idiot, because if you are not reading it you are an idiot. (Sorry honey, but it's true) So today is the best day ever as my wife would say.


No comments:

Post a Comment