Wednesday, April 14, 2010

adam on the moon

A couple months ago my wife and I went to the movies and saw a great little independent film. While there I saw a preview of another independent film that looked really good. It was about this person with asperger's syndrome. He found love plus he wore a spacesuit for a little while in the preview. How can you not love a man in a spacesuit, they rock. I forgot about the film after watching Away We go in the theater (another amazing film). A couple months go by and I'm think about space and spaceships, which I do quite often, and realized there was a movie I had wanted to see with a guy in a spacesuit. Well as time goes by my mind loses lots of information. I couldn't remember what the name of the film was and looking up spacesuit in google was no help at all.


Then one day at the Garden City Library (where my wife works) I saw something familiar. It was a guy in a spacesuit. I looked at it and it was a new independent film and I though hey this is the film I wanted to see. I checked it out and was so excited for my wife to get home to watch this film with me. When she got home we popped Moon into my xbox to watch it. That's when I realized my mistake. Moon was not the love movie I was hoping for. I was scared that this film would suck because well it's on the moon. Plus I had not heard of it. A scifi movie can really suck if you haven't heard about it. A scifi movie can suck if it's a blockbuster (Yeah, Avatar you sucked! Not one originally idea in all of Avatar. They stole from a crappy 90's cartoon Ferngully. That's the real Avatar movie.). We go into the film with no hopes for it. We came out of the film and thought damn that's good. Yes the film Moon was hundred times better than Avatar. Almost anything is better than Avatar. Moon was a great film, it had only one real actor in it, which made it even more amazing. It was like a one man show. I recommend it to anyone who loves scifi films.

Last night my wife came home with another little indy film. This time it was called Adam. It was the original film we had been looking for. I must say the wait was worth it. The film was great. It was the kind of story that makes you want to go out and be a real person. This story bring up three important facts. One Moon was a great scifi movie. Two Adam was a great love story movie. Three Avatar is a huge rip off of other movies. See two of these movies and skip the last one, unless you like live action remakes of cartoon movies from the 90's.

No comments:

Post a Comment