Saturday, December 31, 2011

Sherlock Christmas

Time has been flying out here in Indiana. I can't believe tomorrow will 2012. I wanted to write this post last week, but I was to busy playing Star Wars Lego III. That game is awesome! Best Christmas present I got this year, but it's not a Star Wars Christmas this year, it was a Sherlock Holmes Christmas!

It started the week before Allison left for Idaho. She was done with school, but had to still be in town because of her job. We decide to rent this great BBC show, Sherlock. This series was three movies long. It was set in modern London which made it a lot of fun. The first movie/episode was call A Study in Pink. Which was an awesome retelling of the first Sherlock Holmes story, A Study in Scarlet. A bit different than the original story as there was no Mormons in Pink. Which was a good idea since Sir Arther Conan Doyle didn't get a lot of facts right about the Mormons for his story. I think in England at the time it was still considered a cult. So we watch those three awesome movies and loved it. I think this Sherlock series might be my favorite. Even more than Robert Downey Jr. version. I love that version of Sherlock Holmes too.



Than came Christmas. In my stocking was a Lego mini-figure. If you know anything about the mini-figures they come packaged randomly so you never know what you're getting. When I opened mine up, Sherlock Holmes' head rolled out and was looking at me. I was like no way! This is to awesome. Allison was did you get one you needed. I said yeah I got Sherlock Holmes!!! Allison was like that's so cool. You love Sherlock Holmes. So yeah that was really awesome. Allison couldn't actually pick out Sherlock but was luckily enough to get me the mini-figure I really wanted from that Lego series. I was really happy and figured that might be all the Sherlock I was getting for Christmas, which is more than I ever thought I would get. Then when I was opening presents I got a book. From the size in the wrapping paper I though it might be a comic, but it wasn't. After ripping through the green paper with white snow flakes on it the present reveled to be a Sherlock Holmes novel! I haven't read very many of them yet. Just the first two. Allison had gotten me The Hound of the Baskervilles. How exciting! This is one of Doyle's most famous Sherlock works. I haven't read it yet, but it's next on my reading list after I finish my current book I'm reading.

It was a pretty awesome Christmas. Than to finish it off we went and saw the new Sherlock Holmes movie the day after Christmas. That was a lot of fun. I really liked it. Who would have though 2011 would be the Christmas of Sherlock Holmes? I sure didn't, but what a great turn of events,

No comments:

Post a Comment