Tuesday, May 25, 2010

an odd beginning

Life has many beginning and ends. They can be huge like the birth of a child or small like trying mint chocolate ice cream instead of chocolate ice cream. A beginning I've have experinced over the years is Arby's. Arby's was the first job I ever had. In recent months Arby's has come to mean something so much more than a first job. At first it was just odd, but now there's no denying it. Arby's is a strong part of my married life. When Allison and started dating she bought a bike. On the day she bought the bike I decide to ride my bike down to see her, but did not tell her what I was coming over. I ended up seeing her on the green belt. I had been riding for about an hour by then. She wanted to ride her bike, because she had just started riding when I found her. We rode all over the green belt. Then we got kind of hungry and decide to get something to eat. Being near fairview ave we decide on Arby's. We weren't offically dating yet, but it was our first bike ride together. I remember walking our bikes for part of the fairview part because the rode was so busy. When we got to Arby's, Allison was so scared her bike might get stolen that we had to sit next to a window were we could see them. I had locked them up, but that wasn't enough for her.

On our wedding day we were hungry before heading to the temple. We also had a couple hours to spare till our marriage. So we went to the only place that would be right for our last meal together as singles, Arby's. Since then we go to Arby's every once and awhile, but to me it'll always be our last meal together. So order a Beef 'n Cheddar for me next time you head there.

2 comments:

  1. Arby's is my special place to eat also. I love their junior roast beef sandwich.

    ReplyDelete