Saturday, May 22, 2010

good at something normal

Another week is gone. Time just flies by now. I can't believe the weekend is almost over too. I've never had this problem before. I remember weekends going on for ever and now they're so short. This week was an interesting one. I started volunteering at the Garden City Library. The one where Allison works. I never see my wife so I decide that I needed to do something about that and this seemed like a great way to do it. She's at work and I get to help her library out. It's not hard work by any means, it's just shelfing books and movies. It reminds me of working for the budget office. There I sort contracts and other documents. My life has been a long career of sorting. I'm really good at it. It's really weird to think you're good at something that really shouldn't be that hard for anyone to do. I've always loved sorting too. It started with my comic collection. I love sorting my comics as a kid. I would take my small collection and resort it all the time. Like in High Fidelity (the movie) I would change my approach to how I sorted my collection, but how I acquired my collection though. It's usually alphabetical by comic name, but now I do it more by character than title of comic. So Amazing Spider-Man is in the S's for Spider-Man. It's a little odd, but perfect for me. Wow this story is just going everywhere today. This week I helped at Allison's library and it was fun. I got to hang with her, maybe not talk, but be around my beautiful bride. I can't ask for more than that. I love just being with her.


On a side note don't forget about ED the Business Warrior. A new comic will come out on Tuesday, but Sunday will have the first special sauce. So go check out some awesome special sauce at http://minidovecomics.wordpress.com.

2 comments:

  1. You so have the OCD McLean gene! My Meagan has it the worst here. Craig has it too. He sorts everything. If Meagan is driving me crazy I dump out my buttons and ask her to sort them by size and color. She gets really excited! OCD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are both totally alike this way. I would have totally freaked about sorting the buttons too! I love it! Yes,it is a major part of the reason I want to be a librarian. But it's weird, if we are both so OCD about sorting, why isn't our house way more organized and clean? It's only the books and comics that are!!

    ReplyDelete