Sunday, May 16, 2010

losing my love

It's not often you wake up and realize you are losing one of your loves. A love you always told yourself you would never give up on. Yet as I grow older I notice I am losing my love for certain things. Things I never thought I would stop caring so deeply for. Even as I write this blog, I'm thinking about all the other things I could be doing instead of sitting infront of this computer. I don't want to hate my computer, but at the same time I feel like I spend to much time with it. I use my computer as a TV more than a computer these days. My love of surfing the net is dying. My love of just using a computer as a computer is dying. I still love TV and my computer is the easiest way for me to get show, but other than that I can pass. I think it comes from having to stare at a computer screen all day at work. I've never had a job were I had to stare at a computer screen all day and not be able to do something awesome on the computer. Now the computer makes me think about work and counting money. I hate counting money and I hate using my once loved machine to do it. I'm trying to regain my love of the computer but I don't think it'll happen anytime soon.

In response to my disdain my wife has given me the perfect mix of computer not computer. For my birthday she bought me an Ipod touch. It's perfect for me. It's a small little screen that doesn't feel like a computer at all. The best part is that it can go anywhere with me. It has little games that I love to play, books to read, and music I love to listen too. My Ipod touch is so amazing. It's like having a little computer at my finger tips. I can go check out new music on the web or play a silly computer game on it. Having it be web based is the best. The main thing I love about the Ipod touch is the web. I love the web, it has so many awesome things to check it out.

I use to be unseparable from my computer. Now I can do without it. I rather be reading a comic (my first true love) or even reading a real book. I wonder what I'll be sick of next. I really hope it's no comics.

On a side note I'm going to start a webcomic tomorrow. Since I haven't heard back from Zuda and it's been eight weeks I feel the need to put this comic out. Plus Zuda has stop doing the competition I entered so I feel no need to wait any longer on the comic. I'll have the address and everything up tomorrow. Till tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Note, I did publish a promo for my comic. Check it out at http://minidovecomics.wordpress.com It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool that you're putting your comic up on the web. It'll be fun to see

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've already looked at Ed and I think it has tremendous potential. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Craig had a hard time with computers too, but now that he's changed jobs he's in love with it again! That's awesome about your comic! I can hardly wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete