Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Nines

Life moves so fast that no one can stop it. I’ve tried to slow it down and stop it many times; the best I get is a headache. I’m no Hiro from Heroes. If time did move slower who would enjoy the small delights this world gives us. I’m not saying I would not want to stop time or travel back in and relive some of my greatest moments, but there are so many that we have yet to have. The future is so amazing and so many things we are going to be able to do. That brings us to the nines. What are the nines? Well the nines are the amount of days till I get married. Nine days left of my single life. Will I miss my single life after I’m married? Of course I’ll miss them, but being married to my love is so much better than single.

Nine Reason to get married
9. Don’t have to sleep alone
8. Someone to eat dinner with
7. No more trying to figure out who to date
6. Someone to hold your hand during the scary parts of the movie
5. Someone to see movies with
4. Your heart is no longer empty
3. No more cooking for one
2. A person to kiss and you know will kiss you back
1. No more waking up alone in the middle of the night scared that you’ll always be alone

I can’t help but think that marriage may have a lot of scary thing too. What happens when you start having kids? What if she gets sick of you in a year or two? Those things I can’t plan for. I have to be the best husband in the world and hope that my love likes it. I can’t tell the future, but it’s open for business and I want to buy some of it. I can’t wait to embrace the future. The present is so sensational and I love where I am, but I’m ready for the nines to be up and start the millions with the one.

4 comments:

  1. Honey - I LOVE YOU! That is all I can say after reading this very swett blog. I'm so ready to be your one and start our millions together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are my Nine Reasons to get Married:

    1. Someone to listen to me tell about my day
    2. Never having to sleep alone
    3. Someone to face life's adventures with
    4. Someone to give me a big hug and tell me it's going to be okay
    5. Someone to laugh with me - or at me ;)
    6. No more dating jerks just to not feel alone
    7. Someone who believes in me
    8. Having our very own place, a home
    9. Staring an eternal family

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't either of you will get sick of eachother anytime soon. I remember year seven being a tough one. Kids, well simply put, it's an adventure and is so totally worth it. I'm glad Jay & I waited 6 years to have kids because we now have so many fun memories of just being best friends & having fun adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so proud of you two and the commitments you are making. The whole family is happy and excited. Allison already feels like a member of the family. Your sister's have already embraced her. You have the right attitude. Keep it and always look to the future, honor the present, and remember the two of you are eternal matters.

    ReplyDelete