Thursday, October 8, 2009

i'm tobias

The other day I was driving to school from meridian like I’ve been doing since I moved out of the northend. When driving there I really like to stop at McDonalds and get breakfast. I love the number two meal, the sausage egg mcmuffin. That egg with sausage just makes me so happy. I know some people want to hate on McDonalds, but they have an astonishing breakfast. A breakfast I would kill for. Don’t judge me; I love the sausage (insert bad joke). So back to the story, I order my food and pulled up to the first drive through window. There I was met by a normal worker. He took my credit card because I don’t believe in cash. Cash is a thing of past and I’m willing to embrace the future at full speed. The guy then turns to me and is like have you ever seen Men in Black two. I was like yeah, of course. Who hasn’t seen Men in Black two? It’s one of Will Smith’s best movies and you’ve got to love the Fresh Prince; that man has had some classic jams and great shows. The attendant then said that you look like the guy in the video rental store. Now I’m not sure if that actually from the first movie or the second, because David Cross who played that character was in both movies. I sat there and was like oh that’s cool. The guy said I looked like David Cross, who is Tobias in Arrested Development. I remember the first time I saw David Cross and was like that guy is awesome. I was watching Just Shoot Me! and David Cross came on as Elliot’s brother. He was pretending to be mentally handicapped so he didn’t have to work. Totally awesome!

Now here comes the problem, was that complement or a total dis? I love David Cross and think it would be awesome to be compared to him on a joke level. Now the attendant didn’t have any time to hear me make a joke, it was based completely on my looks. That means I look like a balding guy who wears glasses. Okay I am a balding guy who wears glasses, but come on! Do you really tell your customers that they are balding? I know I’m balding and I’m okay with it, but do you have to point it out? Do you have to say I look like people that are balding? What happens when I get a little more over weight? Will McDonald’s employees start telling me I look like George? Well buddy guess what? You are like thirty and working at McDonald’s drive through. You might have hair, but I’m still cooler and have a better job than you. At the same time thank you for comparing me to David Cross, I just wish you had done it for more than my hair and glasses. Hey maybe someday I might be as cool as David Cross and play a Tobias character on a cult classic TV show like he did. If David Cross sees this let it be known I think you’re awesome.

1 comment:

  1. If you play a Tobias Character will you be the pirate on the gay boat!

    ReplyDelete