Monday, October 19, 2009

The Nickel Cave

A couple summers back I was spending a bit of time in Utah. It was my first summer in Idaho after my mission and I really didn’t have anything going for me in Idaho. I was in-between jobs and I didn’t have any close friends at the time. Plus I was living with my sister and her three kids who were very young at the time (she still has a lot of young kids). I decide to take a couple trips down to Utah while I had the time off. You know, get away from the one of my sister’s kids to see my other sister and her three kids. Those trips were fun. I really just need a change of scenery and my oldest sister’s house helped me out with that. One of those times when I went down, her youngest keep talking about going to Nickel Arcade. I couldn’t understand what he was talking about at all. I thought he kept saying nickel cave. I couldn’t figure out why the three boys were so excited to go to a cave. I was on vacation so I decide to go even though I didn’t really have any clothes to go caving in, plus I hate to be enclosed in caves. I’ve got fears of everything. It should really make my life unlivable, but I still do some pretty awesome things. On the way to the Nickel Arcade I still had no clue what my sister and her kids were talking about. We drove up to Provo and I was still confused when we got there. After walking into the Arcade I figure it out. I felt really silly at the time thinking we were going caving.

On that trip to the Nickel Arcade I got to play some of the classic arcade games. The best was the fact that they had the original Mortal Kombat. I loved that game when I was a kid. I would always go over to my friend’s house and play with him. We would play on his Sega Genesis for hours. I missed that game. My nephew Calvin was there with me and I’m not sure if he had ever played Mortal Kombat before, but he played with me. It was great to be the guy who actually knew what he was doing for once. I’m that kid that can’t do the finish him moves. I totally wasted Calvin four or five times in a row before he got sick of playing me. That was one awesome trip to Utah. I loved playing Mortal Kombat with my nephews. I think I’m going to have to get it for my X-Box and start inviting my nephews over to beat them some more. Of course I have to be careful; some of my nephews are pretty good with a control. Some probably have more hours logged in on them then me.

Update on the David Cross incident. I told some of my co-workers and they decide that I do look like David Cross. They won’t say that I’m funny like him though. They think that I just look like him. So I guess I’m a balding guy with glasses, thanks everyone. On a side note, Nickelback is a horrible band. So if you thought about them when you saw this title I hope you hate them too. I know I thought about how I’d like to beat them as if I was Subzero from Mortal Kombat.

2 comments:

  1. Glad we could provide you with some first-rate enjoyment! My kids still love Nickelcade, favorite birthday place, mainly cuz I'm too cheap to spend $10 a kid.

    PS. I love Nickelback but won't play Mortal Kombat with you so you can beat me for liking Nickelback, can't work the controllers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of Nickleback too! I love country, so I'm not really sure what they sing, only that everybody likes them, except you of course. What's new???

    Can't wait to see you in a few!

    ReplyDelete