Friday, November 11, 2011

one year

I hit my one year mark at UPS on 11-11-11. I know. Who would have thought I would make it a whole year. I sure didn't. I thought I would die or something, but I didn't. I work hard and I got reward with more work. Here's what I learned from work at UPS for one year.

1. The harder you work the more work you get.
2. Just because you have more work than everyone else, doesn't mean you'll get help.
3. Time move slower when you know what time it is.
4. Country music stations in Bloomington play the national Anthem at 6 am.
5. The better you do your job the more work you'll get so you mess up.
6. If you mess up it's no one else fault, because you should be able to handle more work than the two people next to you combined.
7. Your bosses don't care unless you're going to involve your union rep.
8. If you walk out on your shift in the middle of the day you can use the union to get your job back.
9. It's always hot in the warehouse.
10. No one really cares about your feelings.

Working at UPS has been awesome. I can't wait to get two years under my belt, oh wait yes I can.

1 comment:

  1. You stuck to it. That is good. Work isn't easy, and life isn't easy either. It isn't suppose to be. Only 5 or 6 more months!

    ReplyDelete