Sunday, June 26, 2011

not me

I did the unthinkable today at church. As Allison and I were leaving we hit a crowded hallway. Everyone else had the same thing on their mind, Lunch! Everyone was heading in different directions, okay there was only two directions, but still different. Allison was behind me, but I stopped for a second for her to catch up. Then a girl with short brown hair and a white top jump right in front of me. I was like where is Allison going? I reached out and with the tips of my fingers touched her, trying to get her attention. It wasn't Allison! How could this be? Allison wasn't even wearing a white top today. It was a high school girl from our ward! Allison was still behind me. My face went three shades of red. I was like, "Oh sorry, your not my wife." I got out of that building as quick as possible. I can't believe how embarrassed I was.

All I can think now is I touched some random girl and she going to think I'm into her or something. I've always heard silly stories about people who have mistaken other people for their wives or husband, but not me. I never thought I would be one of those people. I know my wife. She has short brown hair from the back. Now I just need to get ride of every other girl in this city that has short brown hair from the back and I'll be safe again.


over the shoulder

2 comments:

  1. I can so relate to that experience. I was walking in a store one day with your mother right next to me. At least I thought so. When I went to put my arm around her the woman who was there was not Mom, but someone I didn't know at all. She moved as fast as she could, I turned bright red, and mom laughed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to married life:) I have ALMOST grabed one of Dean's brother's butt and my own FATHER'S!!!!!!!! I am not use to having other adult males around me:)

    ReplyDelete