Tuesday, June 14, 2011

early mornings

There are a lot of things I do not enjoy about my job. The list could go on for awhile, but there are some good things about my job. My favorite thing about working early in the morning is getting to see the sunrise almost every day. Growing up you could never get me up to watch a sunrise. Now, the best part of my work day is watching the sun come up. The day starts out pitch black for me. Then suddenly at six I hear the National Anthem on the radio. I look outside and it's still dark, but the sun is starting to rise. I can see the bright reds fade into the blacks of night. I can't believe how much of a change can happen in those minutes between night and morning.

I am one of the few luck people at work. Most people don't get to see the sunrise. Most people have bay doors that face north and souths. There are two small bay doors that face east at the end of the two convener belts everyone works on. I'm "lucky" and get to work at the end of one. I have a trailer blocking most of bay door, but if you go up to it you look around it and above it to see the sunrise. So every morning I take a couple seconds during my insane work load comes down to watch the colors dance across the sky. It's one of the few amazing things about my job. If they moved me to a different part of the belt I wouldn't get to see it. So I'm going to enjoy the little joy I have for awhile.

5 comments:

  1. Did you take that picture cuz it's amazing. I hope you get to see something like that every morning. I miss the sunrise here in Utah, the mountains hide it and there's not much to see. I especially miss the moonrise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picture. I love seeing the sun rise. Donna is right, watching the moon rise is equally amazing. Glad you have it to look forward to every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not take the picture. I don't have time while I'm at work to take pictures, just watch the sun rise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an amazing picture. The sunrise is just one of your blessings in life. I'm glad your have it every morning to look forward to and see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sunrises and see them often when I'm walking, but now i would have to walk about 4:30 am and it's summer so I'm just not that motivated. However in the winter I sometimes walk, get ready for work, and leave and still get to see the sunrise as I drive east towards campus. It is in my eyes and not as enjoyable. It can certainly be beautiful, especially as it hits the red rocked mountains to the west.

    ReplyDelete