Wednesday, July 14, 2010

runners paradise

As I've talked about before Allison and I have started running. We are on week four of our running. We haven't been so great with week two and three thought. We ran three times in those two weeks. That's half of what we're suppose to run. So we only completed two weeks in our couch to 5k program. Today we started back on our regular schedule for week three. We only missed one week, not to bad.

The run was awesome. We were actually doing it. I was feeling really good about myself and what I was doing. I really never have been a runner despite my father telling me the McLean's have running in their DNA. Okay he never said it like that, but he did say we were runners. Most of my siblings were in track in high school, I just never seemed to care about running. I rather be flipping burgers and making money during high school. So I'm feeling really awesome about myself and then during our finally 3 minute jog rep I tripped. I took a great fall like Humpty Dumpty. I had run just over two minutes in the last rep and was looking for a completion of the todays workout. So I didn't finish the run. My left hand is really tore up. I had to cut skin away and wash it out. It looked nasty. My left knee was tore up a little, but not as bad. That cleaned up really easy. So let's check out my battle wounds preclean up.






P.S. On a awesome side note someone at Hastings screwed up. When I went into the store today to pick up Mystery Society, one of the best new comics out there I found Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour on the self for sale. Not a big deal except it doesn't come out for another week. Someone accidentally put it on the self when they were not suppose too. I was so happy, now I've read the entire series and go see the movie in August without trouble. Thank you Hasting Employees for being stupidly awesome. Sincerely, Michael.

3 comments:

  1. I hate running wounds! At least you got an early comic to make up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't those nasty? I think I freaked out more than Michael did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome that hastings really did screw up! I love it. Good job running. I've got to get back into the running thing.

    ReplyDelete