Monday, November 26, 2012

Another Book of Mormon Study Guide


I'm pretty much the 14 to 15 year-old teacher right now.  They've put the regular teacher into a different "special" class to teach.  The last three weeks have been an interesting time teaching them so far.  The second time I taught them I didn't even know I was doing it, so I had to wing it.  They were about as energized as the first time I taught them.  There was one kid there that wasn't there the first time and he at least had a little energy and answered some of my questions.  Then the third week on;y two kids showed up!  My lesson plan was to split them up in little groups and have them present to the rest of the class.  That wouldn't work with two, so I had to totally convert it into a normal lesson at the last second.  Then yesterday I decide I would do another Study Guide.  It worked a little better than the first time.  I had two kids that weren't there for the first one that talk a little.  Yea! I was able to get those two to answer some of my boring questions.  I figured I would share the next study guide with you all.  I did recycle the Ezra Taft Benson picture.  I was a little lazy and didn't want to draw everything new or write it out.  The type version is much either to read in my opinion.  I might make one more of these before the regular teacher comes back, or I might not.  Who knows.

4 comments:

  1. Love it! I bet the kids do too but don't want to let on that you're cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. freaken kids!! They best be participating

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope those kids know how lucky they are to have a cool teacher like you! Study guides! Have you heard about the new Youth Curriculum? I think it's pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's youth curriculum? I've been using the adult lesson and trying to find fun ways to present it.

      Delete