Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Pierogi Fest

The last weekend in July Allison and I headed out the Peirogi Fest in Whiting, Indiana.  What's a peirogi?  It's a Polish pastry that's stuffed with mash potatoes, cheese, and other lovely savory foods.  It was a lot better than I thought it would be.  They had more food booths there than the Taste of Chicago (according to the announcer).  It was a fun little adventure into Northern Indiana.  We got to try some new foods and see some old friends that come up to it.  Plus they had an old-fashion soda booth who gave you free refiles if you bought their cup.  I drank to much root beer that day.  Too much.


 

8 comments:

  1. Looks like fun. I'm going to have to try a Pierogi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to mention the terrible sunburn I had the next day! Haha but I guess it was worth it :) The pierogi's were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you had a terrible sunburn too. That what we get for spacing sunscreen. At least I remembered a hat.

      Delete
  3. What fun. Except of course for that little sunburn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like so much fun. I miss the mid-west.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a tasty treat those things are. When i lived in Canada people had that tasty dish ALL THE TIME!! It ranks right up there with the Pouting.

    ReplyDelete