Friday, November 5, 2010

many days have past

I haven't blogged in months. The main reason was I had no internet at home and I didn't feel like writing blogs at the library or Barnes and Nobles. I feel like both of these reasons are just poor excuses. I'm here at a library on a Friday night writing a blog, sure it's the library Allison works at, but it is still a library. The main reason I haven't written in so long is I have had no good news in such a long time. I didn't want to write about not having a job or my job search. These things both just took so much out of me.

Well the job hunt is on hold for a couple of months. I just got a job at UPS! I'm going to be a seasonal driver helper. I don't get to drive the truck, but I help the drivers on their routes. It's an on call kind of job, so I only work if they call me and need me. This means I don't have a lot of work this month, but a lot more after Thanksgiving. If I'm lucky after Christmas they might hire me as a full part-time employee. I would have set hours and after a year I could get benefits. I'm hoping that comes through, because I don't know if I could find another job in January.

On the home front Allison and I are doing well. I've taken a more domestic role. I make dinner more often and try to clean the house. I still do all the laundry just no little rugrats to hang out with when I do it. I miss that a lot. I loved seeing my nieces and nephews when I did my laundry. It made doing laundry an event to look forwards to every week or two.

Well life keeps moving fast. Soon I'll be eating turkey in Iowa, I hope to have more thoughts by then written in my blog. Maybe I'll have my short story I'm working on done by then. Hope all is well with everyone.

12 comments:

  1. I think that's awesome you got a job with UPS. It sucks looking for a job. If you need to borrow rugrats I've always got a few to spare! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your spirits up, it is so easy to get down. I'm so glad you found a job. We are always thinking and talking about you here. Chas wanted to go to college the other day, I think maybe he just wanted to visit both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are awfully proud of you 2. I'm not sure I'd let the Boise bunch know how much you miss them. I'm sure they miss you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on getting a job! Like Sally said, keep your spirits up. I'm glad you're going to Iowa for Thanksgiving and get to be with family. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We can not promise turkey in Iowa but we can promise a good meal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the job - we're looking forward to seeing you guys in a few weeks! And if you miss rugrats while doing your laundry - well, Joshua would be more than happy to help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It okay if there's no turkey, I'm not a huge turkey person. I hope Joshua likes to play cause I haven't been allowed to play with kids without looking creepy since I moved here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mike, you looked creepy playing with kids even before you moved to Bloomington! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm the last to respond, but I'm still so very happy you found a job also. I knew you would. Maybe it just took all of your family coming together in support! I love our family,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nope, I am the last!!

    Mike - CONGRATS!! Question - Do you get to wear the brown uniform?!? Because that is just dead sexy:) You will have to work out because you will need to up hold the UPS name!!

    Dean's family came over to watch the BSU game today and I told Danny that Uncle Mike was coming over and he jumped up and down with his hands waving in the air!! He was soooo excited!! Of course I knew that he must be thinking of you - because he doesn't say 1 word to the other Uncle Mike! He was soooo sad when I said you couldn't come over!

    Yea - we miss you both VERY much!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do get to wear the brown uniform. I even get to help deliver the packages.

    Danny so cute. I'll have to get out there as soon as possible. Which still isn't going to be soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all so much for all the great support. I don't know what we'd do without you!

    ReplyDelete