Tuesday, February 23, 2010

let the lent begin

Another Lent has begun. I know I’m not catholic, but I figured that Lent was a good idea. It’s a time to show God that you are devoted him. As a short order cook explained it to me, Lent is a time to show your devotion to God by giving up something for forty days. He said the forty days represents the forty days Jesus was in the wilderness and fasted. It’s all represented of what Jesus did while he was on earth. For Lent I decide to give up Soda again. As many people might know I gave up soda about this time last year, not for Lent, just because. So this year I’m giving Soda up for Jesus.

While giving up soda my taste buds have been craving something else. On the plane ride home from Phoenix last week a new craving hit me. I saw an episode of Unwrapped on the Food Network and they explained how Yoo-hoo is made. My taste buds knowing they couldn’t have soda for forty days decide it needed Yoo-hoo. Once back in Idaho I set out to find me a Yoo-hoo. It took me five days to find one and countless gas stations. Yoo-hoo that’s some good stuff. So begins Lent.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you found Yoo-hoo since you're soda-free for the next 40 days. Good luck with Lent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's a YOO-HOO!!! My goodness Jeni. A Yoo-hoo is a wonderful chocolate drink. It was labeled as the first energy drink back in the 1920s. It's not labeled as an energy drink anymore though. Oh Yoo-hoo is the bomb. That is what it is.

    ReplyDelete