Monday, August 27, 2012

the hawkeye hoodie


Today I tried modifying a hoodie.  I've been thinking about making my own special hoodies for awhile now and Allison told me to just do it.  I decide to make a Hawkeye from the Avengers jacket.  I wanted to make the comic version of Hawkeye's costume, because it's a bit simpler. It was a little successful.  I bought a $15 hoodie from K-Mart.  Yes, I went to K-Mart, it had the best deal I could find.  Then I went down to Jo-Ann Fabric and bought a yard of purple fleece for like $6 (I had a coupon).  Then home to start working on the little jacket.  I made a pattern, cut the fabric, cut the hoodie, and then sewed it together.  The left side looks really good, but the right side didn't work out as well.  I'm not exactly sure what went wrong, but it didn't end up as high on the right side as I would have liked.  I might try and fix it later in the week.  We'll just have to wait and see, but here are some pictures of what I accomplished.  Hope you like it.



3 comments:

  1. That's pretty cool. I'd say to get that seam ripper out and fix that one side, it's not hard and it's not a real project if you haven't unpicked anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm planning on doing that. Allison got home right after I finished sewing the right side so I decide to hang with her since I hadn't seen her in two days. Maybe today I'll have the time.

      Delete
  2. I just looked at your pictures. The hoodie isn't bad. I'm with Donna, just take that side out and put it in again. Maybe the right side of the hoodie isn't cut as high as the left. Measure from the shoulder seam down to the added fleece.

    ReplyDelete